Ok, so this might not be news to some people, but it’s news to me. Il Fornello has been offering a “Local Food Menu” for over six months now. Since the ingredients are sourced from local farms, the menu must change to reflect the seasonal offerings.
Currently on the menu are:
- Fresh herb goat cheese crusted roast peach on arugula + grilled red onion salad with mint Riesling vinegar dressing
- Fresh corn + cream blended with a puree of white wine sauteed cauliflower + onions with a garnish of sweet pea shoots
- Rigatoni with smoked chicken, sweet peas, caramalized onions, in a rose sauce, with fresh basil
- Thin crust pizza topped with wild mushroom bechamel, wild mushrooms, vienna style ham, broccoli + Toscana cheese
- Grilled “on the bone” pork rack served with roasted yukon gold potatoes, seasonal vegetables + a shallot, plum, baco noir compot