Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Just a quick note to highlight two websites we came across today (thanks to a blog comment): Vert-a-go and the Seasonal Ontario Food blog. The first discusses local, sustainable food around Saskatoon. The second is a collection of recipes using 80% local Ontario food. That site will certainly find its way to our tummies.
Tonight, I transplanted all four of the tomatoes - the Red Zebra in the garden, and the rest (black cherry, blanche beaute, McMullen) in a large planter box on the back patio where it’s the sunniest.
Here’s the status of all the plants:
- black cherry tomato - only 2 inches tall, the smallest of all the tomato seedlings
- blanche beaute tomato - 4 inches tall, transplanted into a large planter box
- McMullen tomato - 6 inches tall, transplanted into a large planter box
- sweet basil - 2 inches tall, still too small to transplant
- carrot - many have sprouted from the ground
- parsnip - still no signs of sprouts
- pea - six have sprouted
- golden midget watermelon - all died :(